Log in to your account

{{ message }}

{{ errors.general }}

{{ errors.username }}
{{ errors.password }}


If you haven’t registered with an employment agency before, you may have some
questions you would like to ask. Below are the questions we are most frequently
asked but if you have any other queries then please contact us on 01706 869444
and we will be happy to help you.

How do I register with Northern Employment Services?

Step 1 - Ring to make an appointment on 01706 869444 or register your CV and basic details on line.

Step 2 - We will make a mutually convenient time for you to register with us.

Step 3 - We will conduct a thorough but friendly interview with you to discuss your experience and personal aspirations.

What do I need to bring with me?

For Temporary and Contract work

A copy of your current CV. If you don't have a CV, don't worry.

Passport / EU Identity card/ Birth Certificate or Letter from the Home Office confirming you are allowed to work in the UK* Details of your bank account — The names, addresses and telephone numbers of 2 referees NHI number

For Permanent work

A copy of your current CV. Passport / EU Identity card / Birth Certificate or Letter from the Home Office confirming you are allowed to work in the UK* NHI number.

* Eligibility to work - Section 8 of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996 requires that Northern Employment Services check that all candidates are eligible to work in the UK. You therefore need to provide these documents to confirm this.

For more information on eligibility to work in the UK, go to www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk

Do I have to pay to register with Northern Employment services?

No - there are no fees to sign up with Northern Employment Recruitment Agency.

What happens after I have registered with Northern Employment services?

During your interview, we will spend time with you to establish exactly what you are looking for in a Temporary assignment or Permanent position. After the interview we will discuss with you any suitable current vacancies. Very often our applicants will leave with a temporary assignment or an interview arranged. If however, we don't have the ideal vacancy to offer you, then we will stay in regular contact by phone or e-mail. We also ask that you keep in contact with us and inform us if your availability or circumstances change.

Who pays me and how much will I be paid (for temporary assignments)?

You are paid weekly by Northern Employment Services for the hours you submit on your authorised timesheet. Your pay rate will depend on your assignment however the minimum you will receive is based on the current National Minimum Wage of £6.70 per hour, or for candidates aged 25 & over the National Living Wage of £7.20 per hour.

What notice period to I have do give to end my assignment?

As temporary worker employed on a Contract for Services you are not required to give notice to terminate your contract. Similarly, you are not required to receive notice of your contract end date.

Have any further questions then please contact us

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons